- be over 20 years of age
- have previous experience and/or training in the supervision of children and in summer camps
- have a good knowledge of English. Knowledge of other languages (Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Arabic…) is also an asset.
JOIN THE STAFF!
The role of the teacher/instructor is to provide quality teaching and care according to the instructions and guidelines given by the management. .
Staff must behave in a way that serves as a reference for students in terms of manners, punctuality, dress and language. It is essential that, throughout their mission, Rosey staff contribute to a warm and friendly atmosphere expected at a summer camp.
Teachers/instructors create a learning environment, supervise, guide, inspire and ensure the safety of the children.
Employment at a summer camp is a demanding mission; this involves taking initiative, being self-assured, showing enthusiasm and totally investing one’s time in the children entrusted to us.
The ability to work as a team, to contribute and to adapt to any situation is essential.
Members of staff are required to be present, depending on the camp, from two to four days before camp begins. During this period, staff will be provided with information, given training and will be integrated into the summer camp team. Teachers and boarding staff are recruited for the teaching of languages and/or sport and as active participants in boarding house life. Members of staff provide care for the students throughout the day.
Applications will also be considered for non-boarding posts. In this instance, members of staff are required to participate in certain excursions (about once per week) to accompany students but will not be required to undertake boarding duties.
Applications for more than one camp are welcome.
We will consider applications from candidates who:
-have a valid Swiss work permit
-hold a European passport from one of the following countries:
– Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Czech Republic. For these citizens, Le Rosey will undertake procedures to obtain the necessary work permit.
To our great regret, Swiss law makes it impossible for international schools like Le Rosey to obtain work permits for non-EU citizens. For this reason, applications from persons without an EU passport or Swiss work permit will not be taken into consideration.
If you meet the above requirements, we welcome your application.
For our summer camps in Rolle and Gstaad in June, July and August, we are seeking staff for the following posts:
- English teacher (EFL) – qualified teacher or EFL trainee
- Experienced Mathematics teacher (English speaking) – qualified teacher or trainee
- Teacher of French as a Foreign Language (FLE) – qualified teaching or FLE trainee
- Teacher of Spanish as a Foreign Language – qualified teacher or trainee
- Ceramics teacher
- Cookery teacher – qualified and /or experienced with working with children
- Digital photography teacher (photography techniques and editing) – Qualified and/or experienced
- Documentary/Short film workshop instructor
- Magic school workshop instructor
- Singing teacher
- Teacher of Arts and Crafts
- Teacher/Specialist in Social Media, Blogs, Web design
- Theatre teacher (bilingual French/English or English speaking) – Qualified and /or experienced with working with children
- Piano teacher
- Guitar teacher
- Archery instructor
- Badminton instructor
- Basketball coach
- Beach-volley coach
- Circus school instructor
- Climbing instructor
- Fitness training coach
- Football coach
- Golf instructor
- Horse-riding instructor
- Mountaineering (mid-range) guide or mountain activities instructor – Qualified – Working knowledge of the Swiss Alps
- Qualified skipper (with licence to drive on lakes)
- Rugby coach
- Sailing instructor (with lifeguard certificate)
- Self-Defense instructor
- Swimming instructor with lifeguard certificate
- Table tennis specialist
- Teacher of all-round sport
- Tennis coach
- Ultimate Frisbee instructor
- Uni-hockey coach
- Water-ski/wakeboard instructor
- Yoga instructor
- Zumba dance instructor
- Director of boarding – Manage a boarding house team of staff, ensuring the well-being and the general discipline of the students. Experience in an international school required.
- Minibus drivers 14 places – swiss D1 licence
- Qualified nurses (bilingual French-English or English speaking)